. Thanks, glad to hear you got something out of the video...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682

Thanks, glad to hear you got something out of the video @RogerRamjet

Yes it is Very Important to just read and understand "what the chart is saying about itself" and act on that (or at least 'act' with that in mind),
    and pretty much ignore (or discount) what your head or your 'gut feeling', is saying to you - you see the market 'feign' in one direction, then change to another all the time (or close poorly on a down bar, then (miraculously) reverse), and that is often engineered in the short term to confuse you, and give the wrong 'gut feel' to the market.

So if you 'see' strong buying on a chart, act on it, or at least believe it and be ready to act on it (until it has been sold).
    Don't dismiss strong buying or selling if you can see it, just because your head or your heart is telling you something else.

Not wanting to nit pick, but I try to distinguish between accumulation and absorption, even though they are very similar principles.
    I would say that the XJO has been in absorption mode for the last two or three weeks, and would say the the actual accumulation was done at and around the recent lows. I do admit that I am being pedantic on this, but I am also trying to be as accurate as possible when making market commentary.
    It doesn't really matter, you can call it what you like.

I think the reduced supply in the market is because anyone who was going to sell in the event of a serious issue, has already done so, which doesn't leave too many sellers left at these levels (mostly profit takers off the lows, and some (hopeful) short sellers). Hence the low'ish supply right now.

- Don't jump too quick to interpret a 'what doesn't happen' situation, let it establish and just keep it in mind, and then act if you see a response which confirms it.
    That chart I showed today was developing for weeks and week....
    I initially only kept the thoughts as an opinion on what 'might' be happening. Then as it developed further it was almost screaming out to anyone who could see that it was a potential accumulation. Then the confirmation came just as it began to breakout. So you shouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly, just keep the different scenarios that are possible in mind, and keep watching for confirmation. Eventually you will just 'know' which has the highest probability of being correct, and then you will be well placed to act as soon as it moves.

- You will see the tug o war between supply and demand regularly. There is no single 'tell' you can rely on to know which side will be the winner.
    There will often be times where you won't know exactly what is going on, or which side will win (buyers or sellers), it happens to me all the time. By reading and understanding "what the chart is saying about itself" you will be one of the first to know what will happen, as the tug o war begins to resolve.
    Sorry there is no easy answer here, but if it was easy everyone would be (successfully) doing it.

- Only respond if you want to, don't feel pressure. Keep asking questions on this thread, and when I have time I will answer if I can help and know the answer.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.