Hey @RogerRamjet I was just thinking about what I wrote earlier,...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Hey @RogerRamjet

I was just thinking about what I wrote earlier, and thought of something that I probably should have added.

The market is dynamic, it is not predetermined.

What I mean - is that the broad underlying market sentiment of a stock, a sector, a commodity, or an economy, may change at any time (for whatever reason).
    It is not all worked out then put into action, with almost no chance of failure.
    There are certainly plans, but once started they are constantly adjusted on the fly as time unfolds.

For instance, I feel markets around the world were not expecting the Corona Virus issue to emerge, this wrong footed some markets completely, and forced traders and buyers to react unexpectedly (and some were faster to react than others no doubt).
    I feel that many (or most) markets were bullish at the time, with participants generally expecting markets to move higher.
    The surprise of the Corona Virus is perhaps why markets fell so sharply in response, there were many making big changes completely 'on the fly'.

The reason I bring this up - is that you might read the chart correctly, plan and execute a beautiful entry, then find the trade fails dismally for no apparent reason.
    And it might not have been your fault.

Remember, what we are generally doing in the market as short to medium term traders (not so much investors), is ride on the coat tails of professional buyers and professional speculators. They are the ones whose accumulation we see on the chart, and who encourage the market during the mark-up phase (which we see as an up-trend). They are the ones who can actually move a small and micro cap market market (at least temporarily), and they can give a decent 'push' to a larger cap market. And if their sentiment changes (for whatever reason), and they choose to dump their positions in response, you may become a casualty through no fault of your own - in fact you might have worked it out and executed your position perfectly.

So things do change, nothing is predetermined exactly.
    Sure there may be a plan, but sometimes best laid plans are forced to change.

All you can do is give yourself the best chance of success - try to be in the right place at the right time, and keep your risk fairly low (or at least don't take on unnecessary risk).

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.