VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

Looks like some overly sensitive prig somewhere doesn't like a...

1. 597 Posts.
    Looks like some overly sensitive prig somewhere doesn't like a bit of conjecture on VLA's prospects of getting a drug to market...which I thought was the whole point of their existence.

I simply said, maybe future expectations are relevant since VLA have the ink jet business which could be used for diagnostics/prognistics. And I said they could get their drug into market sooner not later under the Orphan Drug status it holds.

I also speculated that because they are building a commercial scale plant for the drug to FDA approval they are working under the idea they will get approval in partnership with La Jolla. And that must be why La Jolla got such a sweet deal on the notes at shareholders expense.

See below.

From the FDA.

http://www.fda.gov/orphan/faq/index.htm

Are orphan products approved faster than other drugs?

Historically, the approval time for orphan products as a group has been considerably shorter than the approval time for other drugs. This reduced approval time is often due to the fact that many orphan products receive expedited review or accelerated approval because they are for serious or life-threatening disease.

From middle of 2008:

On Monday of this week, the company announced it had concluded arrangements to move production of its trade-marked CATAVAK therapeutic virus to a yet-to-be-named USA manufacturer. That will enable it to comply with standards required by American and European regulatory authorities.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.