xenophon kills off $42 billion stimulus plan, page-79

1. 4,293 Posts.
    "We have to ride it out with all our sins. No bailout can possibly make this mess better. You can't spend yourself rich!"

I agree and congratulate Xenophon.

I dont think that he alone is holding up this stimulus package. Remember the Opposition, representing a huge part of the population, has opposed it, which is why its before the Senate.

The other independants have tinkered, and Family First said a lot but finally folded.

Xenophon is representing South Australia admirably.
    Mother Nature in the form of draught, fire and flooding rains..is showing the world that Australia is not saddled with Americas problems or EUs problems ..
    Australia must address her own 'needs' and I dont think propping up an poor working class is one of them.

IMF has given direction to global governments in order to support US. but they dont have draught,bushfires and floods contained in their numbers. The numbers are a small consideration and statistics are flawed,imo.

Haste makes waste and I am glad Xenophon is fighting for something our stable,resource rich but very dry land needs. Water to the driest State in the driest continent.

I dont think that this stimulus package is about Australia and its needs but it is a global initiative to save the US financial wreck. Even the US treasurer with Trillions at his disposal doesnt know what to do with it..US does not know what to do to stop the meltdown.
    So why are we asked to borrow money immediately when US doesnt even know how to spend their way out of trouble.
    If there was a clear way to solve the global mess and we were following a plan of some kind leading to a solution,after we all acted together globally ,I might feel more positive about this stimulus package,
    but there seems to be no plan yet!!

Our Prime Minister believes so strongly in this package..I can see his determination,even hatred,when it is opposed.
    I just dont understand his stance and unwillingness to comprimise, slowdown, when there is no US plan/solution on the table.

Xenophon is not tinkering with plus or minus $50 handouts he is slowing down this process with all the power that our Democracy bestows on each representative and addressing our country's special needs and not those of the IMF or anyone else.

I wish him well and hope that others in parliament support him.
    I think that there would be enourmous pressure to conform.

Its going to take the US Treasurer several weeks to announce the way they propose to use the trillions to rectify their banking etc failures..
    IMF musnt have a solution either?

There is a force driving our government in a certain direction but it is just made up of people, not gods.
    Who is right? Their numbers or those who understand our needs?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.