XJO 2.11% 7,943.2 s&p/asx 200

Only a quick reply and my final as this is completely off XJO...

1. 529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Only a quick reply and my final as this is completely off XJO topic and besides, I have never convinced a gun advocate to change his or her mind and so consider this a waste of time. I must say however: I spent three years in the military including one in active combat, my father served in active combat and my grandfather was killed in active combat. That makes me reasonably familiar with the power and seduction and loathing of guns. Service personnel, despite being well trained in the use of firearms are never allowed to home own a weapon, private or otherwise. Privately owned weapons must be kept in the armory. It is service tradition, service regulation and service law.

Even if well trained in weapon safety, in my view the only way guns should be available to any private citizen is for him or her to sign a life time guarantee that they will never suffer a nervous breakdown or psychological disability of any type. Could you sign one of those?

And yes, I have been to west Sydney and realise bad people will seek to own guns. Sorry, that fact doesn't change my mind about gun ownership by the general public. It only reinforces my conviction that all guns should be banned.

Apologies to all for this off topic post, but I felt it important to reply as Gunter seems so with it in so many other ways...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.