XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

Would anyone like to share their bond buying methodology?Say you...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Would anyone like to share their bond buying methodology?
    Say you wanted a 1 year Aus Gov bond @5% - where do you buy, is there brokerage, how does the transaction settle? Do you prefer to buy bonds of another nation, i.e. USA? What's the FX implication and fees?
    Is there any special tax implication, foreign or domestic?

Or do we stick with CBA Goalsaver for a lesser return (minus the tax mans cut, which CBA kindly withhold for us lest we try to do anything naughty)

No commentary on returns keeping up with inflation, please - it makes me too sad.
    I'm a middle income earner (not a retiree for reference - Gov takes a huge slice of my paycheck so its relevant for my investment strategy, which largely pushes me towards housing, unfortunately).

On that note, how crazy is it that addressing bracket creep is not on the political table? We've had multiple years of increasing the money supply, stimulus payments, Gov deficit spending, but no talk of addressing bracket creep in a highly inflationary environment.
    I am paying the same tax rate in FY24 that I was in FY20. From FY25, Joe Bloggs will see a 3 to 7% reduction. That's 6-12 months worth of inflation only, assuming that stage 3 change isn't removed.

Our Government (ALL parties) have had time for lockdown martial law, huge foreign aid gifts, world tours, and a full blown referendum. The only saving grace is a small change in the pipeline from the previous Liberal government from a pretty old budget (stage 3 tax cut). Could this not have been brought forward and amended relative to the inflationary environment? My purchasing power is absolutely deteriorating. My cost of living has increased much more than 7% YoY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.