XJO 0.10% 8,212.2 s&p/asx 200

Same here Wave, fully off grid in the Qld bush. 18 panels and 12...

1. 1,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    Same here Wave, fully off grid in the Qld bush. 18 panels and 12 batteries and bore water if I need it. We have been super sheltered from rising cost only needing a touch of diesel for generator back up on the odd occasion it rains for more than a day. So always still need oil.

There are many properties like this around here.

It's the way to go where it's possible. We'd need near twice the capacity to run electric cars though and there is a huge gap to be filled with range of vehicles before they could be considered. For city folk no problems there.

The funniest thing is hearing the coal train go past up the mountain several times a day. It seems pre-historic but then so are lead acid batteries.

The last thing I read claimed a 30 trillion (est only, no source sorry) gap to be filled for a full renewable transition.

I think the ideas are in the right direction but we don't really know how the full picture will look as likely the technology hasn't found its end point for sustainability yet. But it's a whole new era/cycle and there will be so many opportunities over the next decades to trade this theme.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.