XJO 0.09% 7,963.7 s&p/asx 200

I think the market is purely technical on a very basic level...

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 884
    I think the market is purely technical on a very basic level (aka BTD) at the moment. The big players know this and find retail easy to harness. The clever "Buy n Holds" wont be selling the peaks, but adding in the dips.

When Maverick says the Quants are front running the market with mechanical trading, Im not sure exactly what he means, but tradtitionaly they are algorithmic traders and take a trade after first analysing an instrument to trade. Maybe they are just doing the BTD thing themselves now, if they are so confident that Covid retail are so dumb and easily led? We're seeing it right now, they are buying up absolutely everything thats been knocked down , even banks and REITs..... lol

IF I was running a hedge fund to short the market, wouldnt I want to inflate it as much as possible till the bulls are 100% invested and crowing about it? After the rug pull, they'll need that capitulation phase some time down the road as follow up, to really crash the market. To get that, you needs the bulls to be so blinkered and all in, they'll keep holding to the bitter end.- until they cant anymore.

So thats the question - are the big players predicting a crash? If so , then all this market push up is a form of psychological manipulation. A bit like listenign to adverts. But we all know that. he he
    @onetricky
    What about parking it in AAA? @kacy mentioned this some time ago, and you can pull your money out without penalty when the Big Drop arrives. Of course you're at the mercy of current interest rates.

Dont worry , absolutely everyone has got the timing wrong on this move. Burry, Maloney, Dent, Rikards, Celente, Grantham, Pento...... all of them.

Good ol' Janet, still the finest snake you can find after 15 years....she will say just about anything to make the incumbents look good. Or perhaps senility is now a prerequisite for certain high office positions in the USA?

Lets not forget, American taxpyaers are going to have their snotbags ripped out when tax hikes come to pay for Bidenomics. Another hit to their standard of living.

But dont worry "seems" like a "new bull market"..... doncha know?

upload_2023-12-7_7-24-40.png

upload_2023-12-7_7-29-19.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.