XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

What concerns me is how many times they have kicked the can down...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    What concerns me is how many times they have kicked the can down the road - the boom and bust cycle is no longer in play. The wealthy now just go straight to the treasury/Fed for their shekels.

2019 was shaping up for a bigger crash than the GFC, 11 years later. But what did it do? Minor correction, then "V shaped recovery" then ATHs with more money supply created than ever before. Lockdowns - which has no MEDICAL precedent - was an effective tool for STIFLING inflation while the Government printed like crazy, and only gave it to big businesses (medium and lower sized business closed at very high rates while QANTAS/JB HI FI had bumper years).

Sociologically, this only enforced a welfare dependent mindset on a previously productive segment of the population. The % of citizens that are taxpayers is shrinking. Many people have realised that they will never 'get ahead' in the game to have a career/home/family, so are opting out of the game completely. Look at % of male enrolments in universities. The traditional tax paypigs are being pushed out/dropping out, while welfare recipients increase (including the medically disabled!). That spending power graph a few posts above is pertinent. I've seen analysis comparing current purchasing power of the average person to that in the great depression! You can't buy bread, milk and eggs and get change from $10 anymore.

Now, they're playing funnier games than ever to keep all of the balls in the air. They will literally do anything but stop DEFICIT SPENDING, which is the cause of inflation. We've managed to 'offshore' inflation for a few decades, but that is al now coming home to roost. I don't think they have the mettle to pull off CBDC's, but they'll certainly try. Like I said, anything but stopping deficit spending and money printing. They're addicted to it.

I'm no Communist, but I am very concerned these days about the wealth gap - the middle class is absolutely dying, what happens when Boomers with assets & savings (from better times!) pass (especially without a decent inheritance going to children) - that middle class wealth will not remain in the middle class.

If we don't have a large crash and a proper clean out of zombie debt companies and parasites dependent on the Gov treasury, then we will slowly become another version of India with associated quality of life & poverty, low trust society, and crumbling infrastructure. At least India has some manufacturing and tooling!

TLDR: tptb will do whatever they can to keep the financial system rolling over, at the expense of average citizens and inflation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.