XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

50,000 firms in the UK on the line? So what multiple would you...

1. 3,281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 874
    50,000 firms in the UK on the line? So what multiple would you use for the USA given thier population is almost five times larger? Mind you, UK still has a very high top rate of personal income tax at 50%+. (Even the Rolling Stones moved to the USA 40 years ago to escape it), and Oz expats have said the wages there are crap compared to Australia. I really wonder how people surive there? (I think @DoctorBen said something similar about Euro countries?)

And Germany is touted to eclipse Japan as the world's third largest economy in the future, so worth watching. Holger Zschaepitz provides good regular insights. And he says they are in trouble, and so are Deutsche Bank if you have been following their bailout history.

I say, I say, what a great example of a "strong economy" whilst executing my weekly stipend at Aldi and Woolies. Bloody empty shelves everywhere! Is this Horsetraylia, or Russia? It took all my might to suppress the urge to hoard toilet paper. I tells ya, if you see your favourite food item in store, best to buy double, because Im getting dog gone tired of it not being there half the time. Ad now our Houthi friends are helping the cause.

Oh, and housing. We are selling a relatives house, and the brother in an ex RE agent. We asked top dollar. First weekend advertised, we got three offers, all above our asking price, top offer was 6% above. So the market mania you hear about in Syd and Melb is well alive in SE Qld too, people genuinely think if they dont snatch something immediately they will lose. Deffo a sellers market right now. So whats all the house builders doing? Oh thats right , collapsing.

So dont worry, deffo a strong resilient economy, hey? Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha.
    Last edited by Load: 24/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.