XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

Crappy profits Bancorp? Join the club - Credit Suisse,...

1. 3,281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 874
    Crappy profits Bancorp? Join the club - Credit Suisse, Zhongzhao, and now in Japan ......

Japan's Aozora Bank tanks on U.S. property loan losses

Lol wasnt me, but $100 million and yeah Id forget about the stock market! Other things are demanding my attention in the real world, so I wont be posting as much for a while.

I think the thread has done a good job, its brought me to a position where I think Im going to be insulated but also ready to pounce, once his nonsense fully plays out. You may not realise it, but most of the analyst's videos are just repeating themselves now, so they too are marking time waiting for this global debt swamp to morph into an unavoidable crisis.

Theres some real rubbish (aka fresh batch of Kool Aid) coming out of the mainstream rags too - this in the AFR on Friday
    Lol, thats like saying Ponzi schemes will just go on forever. Looks like the permabulls are all on board, they are buying up absolutely everything. Absolute waste of time trying to short anything at present.

In the Jeff Snider video Ewebute posted here, he was saying the bond market in an unreleiable indicator, because it is not properly pricing the deluge of new debt being issued, and the associated risk, ie yield should be higher. Again, all correlations are out the window at present.

Below is the public debt to GDP ratios of OECD countries. Under the Maastricht Treaty, to be a member nation of the EU one requirement is for this ratio not to exceed 60%. (So poor old Oztralya wouldnt make the grade, and Italy and Greece got booted ages ago.). Technically Germany should get booted soon? I take it to mean 60% is where the EU sets the bar to instill confidence amongst nations that a country can reliably pay its debts , which the big 4 basket cases clearly cannot.

upload_2024-2-4_6-57-44.png
    Src: https://data.oecd.org/gga/general-government-debt.htm

So this is the monetary landscape we live in today. Everyone is in la la land, until they get smacked by the rug pull. People ALWAYS want their money back when they become risk averse.
    So dont believe the hype, bears, "we're brothers of the same mind, unblind"
    Last edited by Load: 04/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.