XJO 0.11% 7,859.6 s&p/asx 200

"Just to be clear I only ever refer to US markets in these...

1. 6,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970
    "Just to be clear I only ever refer to US markets in these discussions as the ASX will simply follow along and has no real bearing."

I agree. Generally, we do follow but we might track a different course. In 2008, we continued a little stronger economically (although not in the markets as much), due to the Chinese buying the minerals we could supply. With the political situation globally and Australia sitting more with the US, in an event of a major disruption, we are likely to be pushed out of the bed by the Chinese and therefore we might see a major reduction in our exports to there. An event of this type would have a major impact on Australia and therefore our markets.

I am hoping all the 'Panda'ring that the Albo govt has done to get new bed partners is going to work out otherwise we might suffer worse than the rest of the world this time around.

I am not sure what happened, but the US markets closed fairly badly down, then the futures took over and dropped another 45-60% across their indices just after. Historic event taking place RN? I hope that everyone is positioned to take advantage of whatever is about to occur

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.