XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

"First link didnt work? I thought Simandou was years away"The...

1. 11,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    "First link didnt work? I thought Simandou was years away"

The link I gave there was from the AFR and quoted satellite photos and said exports are expected from Samando March 2025).

Here is another link from RIO. (See here.) According to RIO "First production from the Simfer mine is expected in 2025, ramping up over 30 months to an annualised capacity of 60 million tonnes per year

This is a big deal and Samando is not the only iron ore project China is developing. "China's involvement extends beyond Guinea and Sierra Leone. Investments are being made in projects spanning Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Algeria, and Liberia, all contributing to China's overarching "foundation plan" for iron ore supply."

The recent MIN closure of its iron ore mines is probably because the long term contracts from China have stopped.

China is stockpiling massive amounts of iron ore. (See here.) They have done this before. Once they have 6 months supply stockpiled, they clam-up and send the iron ore price tumbling. They are probably doing the same for other minerals (including Lithium) so be careful investing in miners.

I reckon WW3 has already started. Its an economic/financial war and is all about bankrupting your enemy. We are a hit job for being a US lapdog. Besides, Albo has fired the first shot by booting Chinese REE investors out.

Look at the Aus export chart below and remove "Minerals & Fuels", "Gold" and most of "Services" (who service mining) and that's what will be left with after China buys all its resources elsewhere. (How is Albo going to pay for the NDIS rort then?)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6270/6270063-c0b5f3b56636bd6aaeca52bb0ec7c22d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.