XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

After looking through my basket of US stocks, it is showing a...

1. 6,125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 988
    After looking through my basket of US stocks, it is showing a slowing of the downside but not a completion at this point in time. I will not suggest that either direction is going to happen as of today.

Banks and financials have provided the strongest showing of a push. I would suggest the same will occur in Oz (at least until Tuesday - never know who might report then and last time they reported, the markets pushed against the reduced profits if I remember correctly)

Retail in the US majors is still weak. I gather that is in line with the consumer spending less. Someone might be able to clarify with the Oz markets in that category.

META showed the strongest push across the M7 but IMO it appears a fake one. The other majors have pushed but the trend is still showing weak down. Most of the charts of those I follow are still showing bear flags. As I pointed out re NDX and the others, they haven't even broken their recent high bars. Great positive numbers to make an appearance of strength but I think I could fart stronger at present.

NVDA and that cohort of IT stocks pushed but weak also. As pointed out by @Calvo a few days ago (I think), where he said the general trend is now down. I agree with that statement. There has been nothing to suggest a bottom has been reached as yet. With the selling by the Big Man (not the president) and his accumulation of cash and exiting a major chunk of AAPL, I would follow the leader. While the suckers still thinking Bullish, this push seems to be for the grabbing of the money from them. Remember, it is all a game of wealth transfer and generally to the ultra-rich

Oil is starting to show strength again. I expect this to push higher.
    Metals are still weak with IO especially showing a strengthening downtrend IMO. Therefore, our materials sector is still likely to get pummelled again over the short term even if there was a rise in our 2 majors overnight.
    Gold is looking weaker even with the recent push. It might head to a new high but I would expect this to be sold down as the monthly / quarterly deflation numbers start coming through. Barrack pushed weakly and Newmont strong but the latter seems manipulated over the last few days - I think to confuse the sheeple.

My bet at present is Banks (short term) and selective energy stocks for the upside. Maybe discretionary for the downside. Happy hunting.
    Last edited by Ewebute: 09/08/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.