XJO 0.58% 8,091.9 s&p/asx 200

My daily stat analysis of the ASX shows that whilst retail are...

1. 3,327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 909
    My daily stat analysis of the ASX shows that whilst retail are easily spooked, they are STILL just as ready and willing to line up to BTD, ignore bad news, and run with a sliver of good news.

The last 30 hours of action on the Nasdaq replicates this. After such a meteoric rise after hours, ie a 300+ point gain, it blasted off on seession open for another 200 point before getting dumped. So everything seems to me to be heading for a double top to election time.

upload_2024-8-30_10-32-4.png

This survery claims that 3 out of 5 Americans feel they are in recession right now. Gee, bit strange when GDP growth is 3% per quarter? So lets hide these surveys, and keep spinning "strong economy" for the BBBs. at least till October.

https://investors.affirm.com/news-r...als-why-3-5-americans-think-economy-recession
    @Ewebute
    A real estate analyst claimed the Oz housing market lags the US housig market by ~ 18 months. So locally, expect a crash underway mid or late 2025?

As for inflation, dont make me post that solder again. But how about this? I bought a tile cutter in Aug 2015 for $150 in Brisbane at Tradetools (not ultra cheap). Today, 9 years later, at a 235% increase, the exact same cutter is being sold for $353 at You Are the Bunny. Inflation , or price gouging on the back of inflation? You be the judge.

Solder, tile cutter, and next inflation story will be about fuel line for my chainsaw.....he he

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.