XJO 0.58% 8,091.9 s&p/asx 200

XJO - Bear Posts only (Factors which might cause the markets to fall), page-17106

1. 10,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 116
    "One of the wasters of time YT videos mentioned that GDP has government spending added in."

My esteemed friend @Ewebute of the internet,
    Even by the very low standards of this thread, this statement is a shocking howler.
    Because even 5 year olds know that the Government sector is, and has always been a large part of the economy, not only here but in every country.

I'm sure you are familiar with Hospitals, Schools, Universities, Law enforcement, Defence and many other such services which are provided for by the various governments in Australia.

In fact the Government Sector accounts for at least 25% of the Australian economy.

It used to be a lot higher than that. In the past 30 years, Australian Governments have privatised many enterprises that used to be Government run.
    The Government used to run banks (Commonwealth Bank, State Bank of NSW, Suncorp, State Bank of SA , BankWest), airports (Melbourne Airport, Perth Airport, Brisbane Airport, Avalon Airport) airlines (Qantas) telecommunications (Telstra) power generation (Loy Yang, Hazlewood, Snowy River) even CSL, the list is endless

You said it yourself, my esteemed friend, Youtube influencers are useless.
    But I am here to help.

(*) I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Honourable the Treasurer for the Public Offerings of, in particular, CBA and CSL, both of which have been life transformative wealth generators for me and many other Aussie Battlers. I am getting all teary now.

Last edited by ClarkKent: Yesterday, 21:36

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.