XJO 0.58% 8,091.9 s&p/asx 200

I agree, 2008 and 1987 having been through both were nothing...

1. 10,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 489
    I agree, 2008 and 1987 having been through both were nothing alike. I have said repeatedly that this feels more like 1987 (except much worse) and not 2008. Why? Because 1987 was a lot worse then 2008 IMO. When you factor in what happened to housing for over a decade following the 1987 crash (its why I am retired now and why I went into real estate back then hint hint) that is what I believe will happen again.

2008 didn't last as long as I thought it would everyone was basically taken by surprise. There was a lot of money being made right up to the crash, if you spend time going back over my posts you will find some referring to the fact I had the biggest tax bill I had ever seen in my life right after the crash. That is what nearly broke me as I have stated many times.

If it wasn't for good old Art Cashin (my number 2 favorite after Buffet) picking the day of the 700+ point bounce (that matches the biggest bounces of 2021 and them some) that let me load up on FMG for its biggest one day run I had seen I would still be paying that tax bill (I got lucky). You can find that story in my posts also. Following that it took a lot of patience, discipline and humility to recover and eventually retire. That is what you lack Clarke, discipline and humility.

In 2008 you and you friends were completely wiped out I was not. I have gone on to retire and now trade for fun, go on trips, game online and generally goof around because I can afford to. You on the other hand are still working trying to make ends meet and after a 14 year exile following 2008 your back again and again right at the top of the market trying to get rich. And your doing the exact same thing all over again that wiped you out before.

Read my signature its really a hidden message for you it seems:

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” - Winston Churchill.

P.S. You really need to spend more time trying to learn rather than being the HC resident clown. We are both not young. While I am retired now you are not. Unlike the other traders here many in their 20's and 30's we are much older. Time is not your side Clarke its on theirs. Just some friendly advice. And anyone that says TA is a waste of time clearly has a lot more learning to do. Good luck bud.
    Last edited by TheReaper: Today, 16:37

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.