XJO 0.24% 8,140.9 s&p/asx 200

XJO - Bear Posts only (Factors which might cause the markets to fall), page-17471

1. 10,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    "I was surprised when I looked at the last update from Factset"

I wasn't surprised. The market may well crash, but it won't be because of bad corporate earnings

From your attached link, FactSet say:
    11% YoY earnings growth for S&P 500, the highest since 2021.
    80% of companies exceed estimates (above the 5-year average)

I follow earnings and revenue trends for the 1800 largest US listed companies, my observations
    5.5% YoY GAAP earnings growth.
    5% YoY revenue growth (and all-time record revenues) - the following graph is from my records.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6464/6464012-806228a84b9cf8441d08be6b0877178b.jpg

Another interesting fact - Virtually no bankruptcies in the Top 2000 US listed companies (only Silicon Valley Bank and some winery in California which barely scrapes into the Top 2000. Even bloody Signature Bank still has a pulse).

Anyway, regarding all the recession talk (apart from the fact that it has been predicted by Youtube lunatics every day for the past 2 years) the second Q2 preliminary estimate came in at a robust 3% annual rate, even though it does not include (yet) corporate earnings which are a GDP component part of the final GDP number.
    Other components of GDP such as private consumption and Government spending are also through the roof, so I dont know how these intellectual pygmies think that this is recession fodder. You cant help stupid, I suppose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.