XJO 0.10% 8,212.2 s&p/asx 200

My investment track record is well known Lord Calidus:A brief...

1. 10,166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    My investment track record is well known Lord Calidus:

A brief history of ClarkKent’s fully audited investment track record

I was in stocks from 1984 - Sep 1987.

Anticipating the 1987 stock market crash, I sold stocks and got into property September 1987 - 1988.

Sensing that the property market was overheated, I got out of property at the very top, and put all my money briefly in stocks, and in particular bank shares, to benefit from the once-off boost due the introduction of dividend imputation.

I then stayed in cash until 1992 (who wouldn't with such high cash rates in those days ?)

From 1992-1999 back into stocks, and also participating in the generational opportunities created by all the privatisations and quality IPO's (CBA, WOW, CSL etc)

I narrowly avoided the tech wreck and the early 2000's recession by staying in cash form 2000-2003

I was quick to recognise the emergence of China and the resulting mining boom, so I was back into stocks 2004-2007

Obviously I saw the GFC a mile away, so by September 2007 I was 100% cash

You didn't have to be Einstein to know that March 2009 marked the post GFC bottom, so I went back to stocks March 2009

In January 2020, my trusted sources from Wuhan told me that something had gone wrong and that a pandemic was imminent. I pulled all my money out of the stockmarket (except for my holdings in Amazon and Zoom)

Sensing the immediate rebound in the stock market, I was back in, in April 2020

I was the first to predict that 2022 was going to be the 6th worst year in the history of the US stock market, so I temporarily went to cash for 10 months, a move which proved a massive success.

Back in stocks, of course, in September 2022, a wise move as it turned out

Correctly diagnosing that many regional US Banks were experiencing a liquidity crisis and duration mismatch, I ruthlessly shorted the market at the end of January 2023, a position I covered in mid-March

Obviously, I was too smart to fall for the newbie narrative like “higher for longer” and “hard landing” so I went all in – risk on – in the stockmarket in October 2023 and the results could not have been better, 57 All-Time-Highs for the SP500 in less than 12 months and a generational wealth boost north of 50%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.