XJO 0.74% 8,208.9 s&p/asx 200

XJO - Bear Posts only (Factors which might cause the markets to fall), page-17874

1. 10,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 535
    https://www.cnbc.com/2024/10/01/east-coast-ports-strike-ila-union-work-stop-billions-in-trade.html

East and Gulf Coast ports strike, with ILA longshoremen walking off job from New England to Texas, stranding billions in trade

I posted a while ago that if inflation continued as it has that we would soon see crippling strikes that would help bring the economy down. Time for an economics 101 lesson for bulls. Bulls screaming inflation has moderated time for a melt up don't understand that nothing has changed. The 30 - 40 percent price hikes we saw in goods and services since 2020/2021 (much more in many cases) are still there and rising quickly.

If you look at the number 1 issue everyone is concerned about its always to do with prices. People simply can't afford to live anymore (unless you ask the CNBC people being paid millions a year they say things are fine). Many have been struggling for a long time to make ends meet so any positive inflation reading even 1 percent is way too much now it just pushes more of them over the cliff and with it the economy (we broke it).

Now bulls in response argue who cares (greed is good) what can they do anyway (they are not smart like us traders/investors) the markets and the economy are not connected anymore, right? Wrong, the answer is they will simply bring the whole system down on everyone. Most are too young to remember but I remember the crippling strikes we saw in the 70s/80s. Funny happened during/after another super inflation cycle.

Like I said history always repeats. The cure was a crash to bring deflation and balance again. BTW the cure is always the same. Good luck but feels like the market is about to finish putting in that major top? Sucking the last of the bulls in for the "mother of all bull traps"? Once complete the collapse begins? Funny feels the same as last time I wonder what titles they will use this time on the books that will be written.

P.S. Remember its all good its IMO only:

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.