XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

Either:1) They saw that the West was more than happy to...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Either:
    1) They saw that the West was more than happy to extra-judiciously seize foreign assets (Russian) which is surely the start of a slippery slope, especially as they (the West) get desperate
    2) China is about to exit from the Western markets (more or less)

Surely the CCP wouldn't publicly offer general investment advice like this?

Bear in mind, their markets/RE has been teetering for a while, and they have been stockpiling food (or at least grains, they've struggled with protein lately... which honestly could have been subterfuge from state actors knowing China relies heavily on pork).

They own a lot of US debt, perhaps they are not happy that it is being inflated away and China are cutting losses? I wonder if this was going to be Trumps strategy, because while he wanted sovereignty and self-reliance in his country, he certainly didn't stop the money printers.

Also, remember that many theorize that the lockdowns are to do with internal faction challenges to Xi. Honestly, the recent lockdowns themselves could be economic warfare by China to USA knowing how important Chinese exports are, especially with the supply chains as they are.

On a very speculative note, the Hunter Biden laptop is gaining traction once again. He appears to have been the 'bag man' for Government corruption with operations predominantly in Ukraine and China. I don't mean to bring politics in, I just want to raise it as a potential factor that can cause friction, or a potential link as to why USA is literally throwing tens of billions of taxpayer money (at an economically tough time) for a country they have officially no stakes in. Note that Zelensky has become very wealthy in his short time in politics and was noted in the Pandora papers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.