XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

Not a technical analysis, but I would add:Not only are...

1. 93 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Not a technical analysis, but I would add:
    Not only are households more in debt in 2020, but I think most other metrics are terrible compared to the 70s
    People are more obese and sickly
    We are a service economy now. Even though we have tradesmen, we don't build or produce much, especially on a small level
    Individuals themselves are overall much less self-sustaining. How many people can swing a hammer (or even own one?) and how many have veggie gardens
    Technology is advanced, but planned to be obsolete. Things are not easily fixed, and our supply chain is ruined (deliberately or not)
    No easy pathway to cheap electricity/fuel

Many people seem to be signed up to all sorts of subscription services to outsource their lives, and are fully unaware of how shaky all sorts of infrastructure around them is. Combined with the "never seen high interest rates" we have a large portion of the populace that thinks that food, water, electricity and government handouts are a given and should be a human right.

We've also seen demographic-shifting levels of immigration the past few decades and are far from a unified, homogenous nation. There will be much less "acting in the greater good" and much more "securing what I can for me".

I think any organic recovery would be incredibly slow, unless we have a radical shift from globalism. Otherwise, the recovery might be based on things like UBI or Central Bank Digital Currencies, which honestly is about the same as kicking the can down the road in 2008. As they say, you can print money but you can't print oil or an oil tanker.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.