XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

Hi Ewebute and others on this particularly good forum.Prices are...

1. 1,048 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1994
    Hi Ewebute and others on this particularly good forum.

Prices are going up because crucial inputs—labor, electronics, energy, housing, transportation—are in short supply.

Normally, the way to solve this imbalance would be to give workers and businesses incentives to increase their supply.

Prices provide continual signals about the balance of supply and demand for particular goods and services, higher prices tell buyers to buy less and they tell producers to produce more until supply and demand are in balance.

My thoughts are that raising interest rates will work in the opposite and create a recession.

A question to the honorable members here. Do you believe that the POO will go up as with what happened in the late seventies ? It's a similar scenario except for the climate change events causing havoc with the food chain and Ukraine and chip conductors reduced capacity in China, supposedly caused by Covid.

Remember that event started with an invasion of Egypt, but Venezuela saved the day by increasing supply to counter some OPEC countries.

Historically, commodities go up in these situations, I am personally debating that at the moment and have been doing so for some time.

Keep up the highly informative contributions members. I really enjoy the objective banter.

I remember the seventies and the recession, I was working an inglorious but extremely vital job , others were envious I had an income

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.