XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

While I don't have the time nor knowledge required to...

1. 2,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    While I don't have the time nor knowledge required to participate in the crash with options, I am keen to participate. Hence, shortly after the SPX 200 sma rejection I closed my VHY and VDHG ETFs and over the last week or so I have bought inverse ETFs, being BBOZ, SH, SPXU and SQQQ. However, so far I have only committed 60% of my available capital that is not tied up in other investments, which is mostly corporate bonds. Most of my inverse ETFs are in USD because I am expecting the AUD to drop further with the SPX crash, noting that the AUD dropped to 56c during the Covid low in March 2020.

So many opinions and reasons out there, but I liked this one.

How long the SPX will take to reach a new bottom is the question, but imo the new bottom will be lower than the mid-June low and will probably occur in late October with a few false reversal jinks of 3 to 4 % along the way. My intention is to hold the inverse ETFs through the brief reversal jinks, then look for a confirmed reversal after the SPX has set a new significant low below the mid June low. After that ... not sure what I will do, but I might consider buying a few more stable long ETFs such as VHY, VDHG and SCHD. That is, unless the 'confirmed reversal' proves to be just another bear market rally.
    Last edited by jongo: 01/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.