XJO 1.08% 7,727.6 s&p/asx 200

Are there battles occurring between the instos?BRK.A (insto...

1. 5,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 936
    Are there battles occurring between the instos?

BRK.A (insto smart money?) increasing volumes with increasing prices. BRK.B (retail) reducing volumes with increasing prices (are they being smart).

Is this a case of lazy portfolio managers taking the easy route of increasing value (smart money being sheeple).

2008 - 2010 BRK shares dropped 50%. This would be a great way of rebalancing wealth of those instos taking the lazy decision making pathway.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5983/5983728-82e6eb3fe8d3b1934e5c238747e950cd.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5983/5983727-2da7a4f72c4aaf4d894979399c39914e.jpg

@DoctorBen it appears the surge might have been a single day? I guess you got some shorts on.

I am sticking to my opinion at present that we are likely to see a top signalled by massive volumes across the majors (but refer above where some smart money might be playing dumb and get caught with their pants down in other ways).

Alternatively, I have noticed over the last few weeks that the M6 (and several other US shares) have had several days of massive volumes and spikes in price but on differing days. Are we getting individual exits to minimise signalling of the majors jumping already?

(Billy already got out pre new year. JPM boss lately. Other CEOs have done so too - always follow the big money and the bosses - they understand that you won't get the top price and also when you want to sell you might not have the buyers).

I've seen some weakness signals across a number of shares in the US over the last several weeks. The tinder is already burning but what will be the oxygen to really get this alight?

I've seen similar in some Oz stocks too with massive volumes on price spikes and some weakness signals having already occurred. The final phase might already be in motion.

So.. it might be the following on individual shares; a last ditch surge with volume (think WBC or WES) or prices increasing with weakening signals leading into a rapid massive drop (think CSL).
    Last edited by Ewebute: 24/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.