XJO 0.71% 7,783.0 s&p/asx 200

xjo christmas finale friday

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    There's a big crowd queing up for tonight's ceremony and before frocking up Mrs.Pisces cut the ribbon to the auditorium early , with the help of a couple of starlets who having heard of the success of last nights show couldn't get there quick enough to get their picture in the paper and help hand out the Joeys

She emerged later ,looking radiant as ever ,eager to get on with the presentations and meet more of these very talented XJO posters

The first award of the night:

The BOB BROwN ' who needs humans when you've got the planet' awarded for ecological soundness

and the winner is ,yes it's our favourite expatriate ChrisFord for this:

'Think you that if we humans all got up and left the planet that the cows would serve no purpose? I disagree. All of nature serves a purpose and if you remove humans from the equation, the planet would function as a united organism better than with us here.

We humans are like a cancer on this planet, slowly destroying our host'

Bob loved it Chris and after seeing your bare chested pic recently is determined to head over to Bali to personally present your Joey to you .Bob thought the two of you might chew the fat so to speak over other ways to improve the world once all the humans are gone.

Chris also captured the BRENDAN FEVOLA 'I'm back on the wagon, believe me ' for this:

'Let me assure you though, I fully explored it, sparing no expense. Even went to Madeira and returned with a 100 year old bottle of the the wine bearing the same name. That was a highlight. Then there was the 3 weeks in Burgundy...etc etc. At one stage I was having Vodka and Tonic with breakfast. You get some funny looks when you order that with American breakfast. It was the only way to start the day, but that conduct, like the good ol' US of A, is unsustainable.'

Lovely message at the finish Chris .There are many here who have posted whilst drunk Pauley ,Cyclic .and Jeepers distinguishing themselves that way , and adding a bit of colour for it we must say, but we've never had one fess up to the sordid extent of their insobriety

You've cleaned up in the ethical awards Chris and your colleagues look forward to you policing the threads for Bob lest they fall into bad habits

The XJO PLAYBOY ' PLAYMATE OF THE YEAR'

this year the Joey was a one goer with only one of our gourgeous damsels having the inner fortitude to post a suitable pic of themselves in a heartrendering attempt to win the heart of a macho XJOER

Yes it's the one and only Penny B Dreadfool

Mrs Pisces really felt for Penny having to carry the baggage for glamour on the thread so as a gesture of female solidarity, to make sure that Penny isn't the only one getting ogled , has decided to present this award in costume

Very thoughtful Luv

It has since emerged that Penny is over 90 years old so we thought we'd better get in soon.

Yes Penny,you've also been awarded the 'SPECIAL LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT JOEY'

Penny is the first recipient ever of this most prestigious award ,so forget that 'a penny saved ' stuff, Penny, your new logo is 'Inaugural Lifetime Achievement Inductee '

Boy,there's not a dry eye in the house.

THE DARRYL KERRIGAN ' TELL HIM HE'S DREAMIN'

the judges were astounded this year with one poster having 363 posts before any other poster scored a nomination in this category .The award was a complete whitewash and won hands down by the one and only Martis.The judges could've picked anything really but particularly liked this:

My ultimate low predictions..

DOW 2000 TO 3000
    XJO 500 TO 800
    CAC 400
    FTSE 600
    DAX 950
    HANG SENG 5000

A defiant Martis collects his award and indicates his prediction for the xjo

Yes that's 500 not 5000 folks .Martis has also picked up the Bill Murray ' Groundhog Day 'for repeating the same message consecutively for 60 days regardless of market conditions.
    You're very popular tho' Marti , the contestants have voted you 'Mr Congeniality' for showing politeness and consideration to friend and foe alike so light up a nice cuban and knock the top off an aged Mouton to see if you can conjur up more melodrama for your predictions in 2012

THE NORMAN MAY 'GOLD ,GOLD ,GOLD'

and the winner is......PISCES........yay

the missus is stoked

and appreciative

Pisces collects the booty for this:

'Yes I love the gold story and I see its ranks are still confined to a few crackpots and believers with the intelligentsia not buying it ,so more fun ahead I'm hoping . The paradox is going to be that if the gp comes off in this next stanza these goldmicaps are going to go bananas.Many of them have already broken out but potential huge gains ahead with M/A on the cards for a couple .Fingers crossed'

Fingers crossed was obviously an ordinary strategy Pisces .Sometimes we say things that can make us look foolish. Gold claims another victim with this egg on face Joey

The missus doesn't care, all she knows is that we won so I cop another one for being so clever .It'd be nice if we could wrap this up soon she's really excited right now. I can feel those golden nuggets stirring ,Redbacka

THE BOB DYLAN 'I'M A GENIUS SO EVERYTHING I SAY IS PROFOUND '

There was a plethora of great material for this sought after award ,the XJO thread boasting the most unintelligible geniuses on Hot Copper. Maxi ,Pauley ,Cyclic and Yotta always have something so profound to say that is way above the head of your normal university educated, intelligent, warm and vertical literate stock follower.Even Mitta has his moments .But there can only be one winner....and it's ....CYCLICHIGH...for this:

Disco-it's okay, Mr.Creosote has been satiated - Mints?
    rjaadave-please return the Mushies I 'lent' you, the Hawaiian Customs folk don't take kindly to tripped-out obsessively verbal cyclists with saucer eyes.
    I'm trapped between confirmation & indecision - time for bed & indescribable dreams.
    Velvet folks.
    cyclic

and this:

mo,
    Sheer poetry- read me some
    Robin, pass the shark repellant
    Fin. Au demain.
    cyclemon
    Buy

Yes ,the naked genius who picked the October low but nobody noticed because his posts were above their heads so he had to blurt it out later in English for everyone to pay attention .Tonight Cyclic we salute you ,the judges were completely captivated by these posts and sold on the mints ,the mushies and the velvet and of course the shark repellant and the Au demain .

There are other awards that due to time constraints have been presented prior to this ceremony

THE BOXING FEDERATION 'THRILLER IN MANILA ' 3 stoushes on the card

Disco Stu vs Jgunter
    Paddington Bear vs Martis
    Reddbacka and friends vs the VSA guys ( tag team match)

THE MUHUMMAD ALI 'I am the greatest '

the one and only Stockplaya

THE wOODY ALLEN ' TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN '

BiggDaddy

The Academy would like to pay tribute to the glue that holds this thread together,the technical analysts who give so freely and generously of their time for the benefit of others.In no particular order Barnsty,Haspete,Chrisford ,Redbacka,Voltaire,Mitta,Yotta,Maxi,Pauley ,Rjaadave,wayward,AndrewfromPerth,San Felipe ,Mongombolo,NineLives,Funkymonk,Paddington Bear,Martis ,Mowibble,Fishing and Beer,Kischa,Bmac,Acouch,Dascore,CEBonomics,Dockarl......we are all in your debt friends. If I have ommitted anyone it's not intentional,no doubt there'll be a glaring omission,forgive me

A special thanks to Redbacka and BiggDaddy who keep us informed and entertained every day and believe me that's not as easy as it looks ,and to the mods who exercise benevolent restraint

Friends we post here for information ,education , ,cameraderie and entertainment .If we can obtain those rewards and not take ourselves too seriously at the same time we have all benefited .

The XJO thread wishes all of its contributers a happy and safe Christmas.On a personal level I'd like to thank all of my buddies and adversaries for their generous time and good humour .Take some time this Christmas to spend it with the ones you love and get back to what is really worthwhile in life.

Goodnight friends ,peace and prosperity to all of you

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.