Hey Stu, Nothing 'actually' happened, there was not a specific...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Hey Stu,

Nothing 'actually' happened, there was not a specific event.

All things change over time, and the XJO thread was not separate from that.
    It is a good thing that the XJO thread has morphed into a trading thread, because as a longer term thread (longer than intraday I mean), it was dying a slow death, compared compared to its heyday. So at least it will survive now (it has been a Hot Copper staple since well before I even came to Hot Copper).

In that context, I had been starting that thread almost every day since mid 2013.
    Not really because I wanted to, but more because I could (I didn't find opening too difficult or taxing), but really because no one else wanted to do it.

More recently I was feeling my commentary was not really fitting in with the overall thread. I would start with daily analysis, then almost the entire thread was about intraday discussion. I felt like like it did not properly fit what the thread had changed to. It was an outlier. And slowly over time I read less and less of the thread, to the point where on some days I did not read any of the thread at all.. At this point for me I would come in and open, then not return, or read the thread until the next open. I started to feel out of place and my commentary was a bit pointless, so I sought to end my time there.
    Leaving turned into a bit more of a drama than I hoped (actually a lot more), but that drama only served to make me even more resolute to leave, I thought it all a bit unfair after about five years of effort for no more than a few thumbs up.

I am still posting my analysis as usual on the site, as I find it helps me concentrate and forces me to properly consider the price action, and to read what the chart is saying about itself, and ignore any personal thoughts I might have at the time about the state of the market or the broader economy.

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 07/06/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.