XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

xjo family day thursday

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Greetings xjoer's.

It's getting to that time of the year where our thoughts turn to our loved ones and the support they give we market nuts through the ups and the downs and the trauma we deal with on a daily basis .Yes,we are us.(don't we all wish we'd thought of that) .

I was having dinner with Mrs Pisces last night and casually let slip that I had trimmed the number of stocks in my portfolio and recently taken some losses due to the market volatility .

As the last remnants of the '91 Grange silkily slipped down her throat ,comfortably ensconsed in her leafy palatial abode ,just returned from her recently acquired executive residence in Port Douglas ,lamenting the impending departure of her two youngest children for study in Paris and London , all financed and freely given lovingly by the humble efforts of yours truly ,she took this news in her stride hesitating for not a millisecond before pronouncing her unbridled loyalty and affection thus :

'you absolute dickhead.I always knew the sharemarket would be the ruination of us .You only ever think of yourself don't you,we're the ones who'll suffer because of this ,you never think of your family do you you absolute dickhead ' ( that's her favourite term of endearment by the way)

Sometimes it takes the astute and gentle observations of one close to us to jolt us from our self centredness . I realised immediately that by playing the stockmarket and bestowing earhly goods upon my family I hadn't been thinking of them at all ,I'd been thinking only of myself and the devious pleasure I gained from this fun market rollercoaster .It is fun isn't it ?

Therefore XJOER'S ,guilt ridden and in recognition of the great unpaid support provided by our families I have decided to make this Thursday the XJO Family Day .Those of you with kiddies ,place them on your lap and let them tinker with your keyboard a while ( Grandkiddies for our more mature colleagues ).Then,before you place a trade think carefully to consider the impact of these hastily conceived decisions on those closest to you.

Don't be like Pisces ,so addicted to self agrandisement that you continue to meddle in this dog of a market ,only to see your families suffer at your indulgent expense .

Here's a picture of the Pisces family in happier times ,before I started trading stocks and apparently ruined their lives

.Oh to have my beloved back as happy and radiant as she was in those times ( and looking like that might I add ).Keep your family that way my friends ,don't slip into the moral wasteland into which I have descended

Go to it XJOER'S .It's Family day .The one day of the year when we think before we act.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.