XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

Well 2012 has arrived fellow XJO'ers, and as we all know this...

1. 6,485 Posts.
    Well 2012 has arrived fellow XJO'ers, and as we all know this may be our last year on Earth if the media and doomsday theorists are correct. I thought we should examine the various scenarios and how each will affect the XJO and our capital.

Mayan Calendar Ending ..

Theory: The Mayan long count calendar ends on Dec 21, 2012, this will be the final day of mankind.
    Trading Strategy: Sell all holdings in June and head to the Caribbean. Invest in prophylactics.
    Reality: A new calendar started, and the Mayans took hallucinogenic drugs and believed the sun was a god powered by blood from human sacrifices.

Planet X / Niburu..

Theory: A large planetary object will collide with Earth and/or sweep close by, and shift the position of the poles.
    Trading Strategy: Buy RIO, BHP, FMG, there'll be mines all over Niburu within a year. Invest in prophylactics.
    Reality: This story began with an American woman, who believed she could receive messages from the Zeta-Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain.

Galactic Alignment/Solar Storms..

Theory: That the planets will exactly align with the centre of the galaxy and cause solar storms, and affect Earth's magnetic field and gravity.
    Trading Strategy: BBG may start to look good, the weather should be hot. Take positions in Rayban and Coppertone, dump solarium shares. Invest in prophylactics.
    Reality: There is no alignment in Dec 2012, there was in 1998 and we're still here.

and finally.....

Martis

Theory: That the XJO will collapse to 1000, the DJI to 3000 and BHP to $5.
    Trading Strategy: Do the opposite. Invest in prophylactics.
    Reality: Buys speccie stocks at the wrong time...POH :-)

I hope this helps you achieve your goals for the year or at least the 11 months and 3 weeks we'll be alive.

Tell us your predictions for the year!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.