XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

Hi Nick.There are two standard settings for Supertrend 7/3,...

1. 9,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5085
    Hi Nick.

There are two standard settings for Supertrend 7/3, 10/3. I use both. There's usually not much difference with how they perform, but sometimes there is especially at switch over times. I also use a third setting 11/2, which can give much earlier switches.

I use these on daily time frames and intra-day one-hour time frames. Used in conjunction they provide valuable information for a medium-term long-term investor such as myself.

Currently, almost all stocks in the ASX100 remain positive on the three Supertrends on a daily basis, which, at this stage, suggests this is a buy-the-dip opportunity. Buy signal will be signalled by a positive switch on the intra-day Supertrends which are currently negative. But, of course, that may not happen. . But if it does happen, it provides a timely bit of information on when to buy.

Interestingly, the use of the three Supertrends helps to clearly identify a sideways market. If you get say two lines above the candles and one line below the candles e.g., 7/3 and 10/3 might be above the daily candles for some weeks, while 11/2 is below the candles for someweeks - sideways trend after a down trend. When all three Supertrends are aligned - say pointing upwards - trend has changed from sideways to up.

I hope that answers the question.

RB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.