XJO 0.16% 8,071.2 s&p/asx 200

XJO Weekend Charting and Chat - 09 Feb 2018, page-13

1. 2,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1900
    Hi @5speed ... Thanks for pointing the no GAP(on the 5th of Feb)out; I was aware of that.

For some unknown reason on Investing.com charts too many times, when switching from say 15min charts to say 2_Hrly charts, as was the case on my posted chart, it drops off a candle or provides only part of a time period data for one candle. ATM, data for any intraday timeframe above the Hourly chart for the ASX200Futures for that day shows a GAP.... and a large one at that BUT as soon as you switch back to timeframes lower than 2_hours all is good.(see my 1st chart ... an Hourly of same chart showing that same period and info ... NO MORE GAPS so to speak).

In fact, data for that day's night session, say on a 5min chart, shows initially a 8.5pt GAP (as settlement was @ 6004 @ 8:00am EST and it opened @ 9:50 open @ 5995.5)BUT really it had only a 2pt GAP open from the night session's low(5997.5 @ 07:05). Regardless, "the overnight GAP" was filled not long after at our Day's session high for the 5th of Feb coming in @ 11:25. (Note: these times I mentioning are shown on a 5min chart so "actual" times would be within 5mins of that time as Investing.com doesn't provide "TICK" data!).

SPI_Fibs_100218_Hrly.png

Another "issue" I have with Investing.com charts/data is that often it doesn't show the settlement close, especially on a Friday night's close(like last night's close as I illustrate in my 2nd chart). If you look back at the 1st chart(Hourly) you will see a few "dot" candles here and there when the actual settlement price was shown at the end of the night's session. Other days, no settlement prices only the last trade on the 07:00 am candle.

SPI_100218_5min.png

I will add that the ASX data shown on their site seems to "round off" the OHLC prices to whole numbers. Compare the Investing.com's OHLC in the chart above with last night's ASX Future's data from their website noting that the ASX settlement price is not yet on the Chart's data(as is the "norm" as I pointed out B4 for Friday night's session).

SPI_Data_100218_1.png

Suffice to say, you are correct in that there wasn't a GAP LEFT on that day as shown on my 2_hourly chart.

However, regardless, from a TA charting point of view it hasn't/doesn't effect nor change the info I have shown or need on my chart.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.