XJO 0.12% 7,822.3 s&p/asx 200

I just noticed something on the charts. From the major low...

1. 17,245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    I just noticed something on the charts. From the major low 10/10/2002 to the high of 11/102007 was 1827 days. Add 76.4% of this time (1396 days) from the 11/10/2007 and you come to sunday 7th August just gone. the lowest close day was the next day monday and the final panic low reversal day was Tuesday the 9th. Whilst 76.4% is not a fibonacci ratio in the purist mathematical sense it does have the obvious fibonacci connotations.

I have used this fib time technique in the past to correlate important market events with earlier important events.....unfortunately for me so far I have always seen them in retrospect. I was fixated on 13/6/2011 for about a year because not only was that date the low of Armstrong's 8.6 year cycle but it was also a 1.618 time extention of the oct 07 - march 09 bear. There was in fact a low on 15/6/2011 that was not insignificant but not the major market event I was hoping for.

I think I should file this technique away in the back of my head and next time the market is moving down strongly maybe only then try to relate it to previous events BEFORE we hit a final low. One day I'm gonna use this technique and make a squillion. I swear I will.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.