XJO 0.27% 8,036.5 s&p/asx 200

xjo weekend zoomba lounge, page-91

1. 4,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    hi eemrw, yes it is adaptive and while I'm happy to share parts of it I'm not comfortable sharing all of it.

on the use of stochs, the average of each peak/trough over the preceeding twelve month period determines the parameter. Being twelve months I find is fast enough to adjust to any change in characteristic yet slow enough to avoid false shifts. The index weight of each stoch also impacts on the indicator.

Moving away from that though, almost every indicator is time based to a degree. If you're required to enter a time based parameter, the indicator then becomes dependant on time.

Time significance to every stock varies, for example if we count 10 -15 we'll see significance on BHP, ANZ however reacts more to periods between 20 and 30.

To apply an indicator or set of indicators to these two stocks and expect results with similar expectations is just silly. The two don't match.

Every indicator needs to be adaptive, the fact that they aren't contributes greatly to their failures. A TA first needs to look at and have an understanding of price, once you have that you will then be far more qualified with regards to which indicator and/or parameter to use.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.