XJO 0.73% 8,057.9 s&p/asx 200

xjo weekend zoomba lounge, page-25

1. Zia
    4,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Greece is the word & vigilant is the way we are feeling :)

I'd say many of us have/continue to suffer from GFS, including myself, am currently 50/50 cash/equities..

The bond swap deal with private investors saw participation reach 95.7 per cent....

Markets have rallied on the strength of the deal but I doubt that it will take long for investors to start worrying again. Most European investors have already switched off – victims of Greek fatigue syndrome – while everyone else reckons Greece will eventually have to default to get its debt down to a manageable level while suffering an appalling Depression. It's simply not possible to reduce debt while the economy is shrinking as rapidly as Greece's is – the only way to do so is to default.

Question is...has the market already priced any impact in?

A good point made by David Buik, banks & markets have had years to make the adjustments etc, you would think so and notwithstanding any shocks from Italy, Portugal, Spain & together with BRIC nations & recovering US economy then it's not all doom & gloom, global growth still possible and might be a matter of finding the green patches.

Back to Greece...worthwhile viewing:

Greece 'cannot sustain debt'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.