XJO 0.28% 8,114.7 s&p/asx 200

xjo weekend zoomba lounge, page-49

1. Zia
    4,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    is the lack of posting today due to April 1 :)

stockie's been sensing a change in the force all week. I guess we all look to identify those shifts that can swing the market one way or another.

I like the shale oil boom in the US as one of those factors (among many) that could see a fundamental shift in the longer term prospects for the US. The amount of investment in these shale plays has and continues to be on a huge scale and the production from these basins is looking like it may go exponential as more rigs come online.

A long way off self sufficiency but with an estimated 2 trillion barrels locked up in these shales then you would think if anyone is going to unlock it it's the US and as they learn more about the geology of the plays then extraction rates will continue to increase.

This leaning towards self-sufficiency will/should improve it's ballooning deficit considering US oil consumption runs @ 20mbod. Could strengthen the $US and bring ours down over time too.

Great video by the way mowibble, that slow mo for the skydiving/wing suits really is spectacular stuff.

A nice cruisy Sunday track from Karma County featuring Jimmy Little.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.