XJO 0.33% 8,045.1 s&p/asx 200

Was following a very nice EH Holden today. Great to see that...

1. 106 Posts.
    Was following a very nice EH Holden today. Great to see that some folks have the passion to keep these icons going as a living piece of our history.

Now, a couple of years back, some one posted this almost timeless passage below. In my view , it too is a piece of art:

-----------------------------------------------------------

....... 1964 EH Holden - bit of a death trap. I'd prefer to die in my Ford - which was an XA Falcon GS Panel van..Lime green with sports stripes.

---------- My Shaggin wagin included -----------

Wall to wall thick sheep skin, three weeks wages worth. No cheap shagpile for me.

Fold down bar with smokey mirrors with water boiler.

Burgandy velvet upholstered matching blanket box.

8 inch - duel stiffness mattress - tiltable for backing up at the drive-ins.

Tear drop tunnel through gold tassled silk curtains from the cockpit to the - ahem - rear play den.

Overhead velvet upholtered aircraft console in the front with lighting control for interior mood lighting and front spotties, and 8 track of course.

Sheepskin dashboard!

Benchseat for the babes to snuggle up under the armpit while drivin' or more heavy duty stuff if they are so inclined - while drivin'.

Glove box full of yellow stickers from the cops.

Bubble tinted skylight and side teardrop submarine windows.

----------- Mechanicals ----------------

302 V8 with high riser Edelbrock intake manifold.

4 Barrel Holly carb' and a 'lumpy' cam.

Genie tuned length extractors flowing through Corvette chromed sidepipes.Ooooooohhhhhh! Cops used to love those.

Cornflakes box waterpump gasket.

---------- Performance --------------

1st gear 60mph - still burnin' rubber. 2nd gear 105mph as the bonnet rises into the change up to 3rd (top). Never took it above 140mph cos there was too much aerodynamic lift with the van. Started to float a bit and while the chicks in the back wanted to go faster, my bogen mates exhibited half a nut and would shout 'Slow down for Cripes sake'
    I miss it....Very much.

-----------------------------------------------------------

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.