XJO 0.87% 8,283.2 s&p/asx 200

Hi GJ,The half truth is that gun ownership is the problem.......

1. red
    1,753 Posts.
    Hi GJ,

The half truth is that gun ownership is the problem.... But without considering the other information that I was trying to raise it is a full lie.

I did quite seriously mean that for any untrained person to point a loaded gun at another human being and pull the trigger is a very difficult thing to do, and the stats do prove this!!! At one point I happened to meet a guy who used to do the firearms training for the Australian Federal Police. He had also read Dave Grossman's book and could confirm everything from first hand experience. It is something that is not widely known but is very very true.

The drugs that I'm referring to are prescription drugs that are being used as prescribed. It's a scandal that you never hear about in the news. I have seen stats on this but didn't dig around to try and find them again before posting. It's something that even Michael Moore is now aware of and has made him rethink the whole thesis that he presented in Bowling for Columbine.

Psychological conditioning is more than just a speculative hypothesis. I would recommend Dave Grossman's book "On Killing". It is all based on case studies (both civilian and military) and will leave you in no doubt.

The changes that I would advocate are restrictions on human gun violence in the media and the prescription drugs that have been linked to homicide. These things have a veneer of control but in reality we are being saturated with as much of them as people are willing to accept.... and they are more harmful than most people understand.

I know that your post was directed at gun control in the US... But that was the reason for my initial comment on 'half truths' and why I wanted to provide some further information.

"To be honest I feal a little uncomfortable chatting about something like this in this forum"

Yeah I wasn't too sure about that one too!... Even if the xjo forum has a bit more leeway than most!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.