XJO 1.12% 7,768.0 s&p/asx 200

xjo weekend zoomba, page-193

1. 8,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Jeeper,

you seem like a nice guy, self confessed new to the game of risking it all, and interacting with, whilst maybe taking in ideas from an animous stock tipping website, even though I know everyone's intentions are good.

Having been a newbie once too, I am going to offer you a few (all be it unrequested) things that have helped me.

there is a whole industry set-up to sell you the message that you can do this alone, with no financial or economic training, and all you have to do is follow a few simple rules, master your emotions, and draw a few lines on a chart. oh and buy their books, magazines, subscriptions, and youtube videos, all selling the same 'simple self-empowerment' elixir.

it's false. don't beleive it. you'll need a lot more than that stuff to really make any money. It' just not that simple.

know your stocks; know what their business drivers and problem issues are, know what the analyst community is preaching, because they mirror/dictate big money flows, and forward plan the stock's key dates/planned announcements so you know what to expect and when. don't be lazy and just rely on charts. you've got finite capital, to spread across many, many stocks, and with day to day movements near unison simple charting is not going to help you pick the overtime winners.

On the ecomonies, well it's everywhere at the moment with the Euro mess [which make this more relevent], but pay for good research, or news, don't rely on the free stuff. Understand the drivers, the potential scenarios and find a way to see the underlying problem markets (you can get a bid/offer quote on the web for just about any market now)

I guess don't throw common sense out the window because it's "trading".

that's it, Good luck

if it's unwelcome, ahh, oh well, it didn't cost me anything, good luck anyway

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.