OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

It's already here ..... VRT in Queensland are offering a system...

1. 1,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 687
    It's already here ..... VRT in Queensland are offering a system which is at the front edge of IOT for industrial purposes - and it is a well conceived system for street lighting.

http://www.vrt.com.au/sites/default/files/download/po_firefly_vrtarcs_201511.pdf

Combining BIM with IOT would be the only rational method of utilising the data collected from an IOT system ... there are just too many devices in a building to display and analyse the information any other way. IOT is not suitable for everything, cables still need to be run to provide power to devices, as building managers will not want to be relying on batteries to power all of their remote devices, and once you have cables to a device, pure IOT becomes less attractive. There is also ensuring that the wireless network throughout the facility has the coverage and capacity to deal with the data being generated.

There are two big issues that I can see:
    the disconnect between developers (and their budgets) and building owners/operators - there needs to be a closure of the gap between what is asked for in a building, and what is needed in a building. I see a million gaps every day in the process of design, but closing those gaps is difficult, because most owners don't understand the technical side of their building, and won't pay for BIM modelling and operation.

Getting the ADRC shield into industrial devices - it is already starting, with very basic data centre thermostats and the such, but it needs to get into main-stream electrical equipment, such as control gear in light fittings - not as an add on, but integrated into the device. Once this happens, there is no extra perceived cost, and we begin to eliminate one of the obstacles .

Oh ... it would also mean that the model would need to be developed and used properly by the building owner, and they would need to employ somebody with the technical knowledge to utilise the data, not to mention work with the model. Something I see less and less of these days - owners don't seem to see the value in employing a good building engineer any more
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.862M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9600 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 38735 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.