OAK 0.00% 8.9¢ oakridge international limited

Market manipulation is illegal and ASIC handle this area....

1. 429 Posts.
    Market manipulation is illegal and ASIC handle this area. Recently there was a Mr Nigel Heath sentenced to 18months jail for manipulation . Manipulation generally is tried as a criminal offence and not civil resulting in stiff penalties.
    However what are we witnessing? I would make a good guess 75% of the trades were from a robot , the traders generally sit back and watch the screens and occasionally intervene as sometimes the robots have a problem, I've seen them in action , the robots operate on nano seconds plus they scan the internet for news from credible sources and read announcements and respond in a millisecond. The robots closest to the exchange mainframe have an advantage with execution.
    The best of professional investors working for banks ,funds etc usually tweak the algorithms daily , the result is many small investors watching the screen end up with a fried brain like I've experienced many times. To myself its all smoke and mirrors as traders on commission have to make the market daily.
    The private trader has tro work out their own strategy .
    With Xped I've decided to sit on my hands
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.566M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.