OAK 0.00% 6.7¢ oakridge international limited

XPE General Topics, page-801

1. 2,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    I thought the bots were at oppies too.

Just thinking about it…..the guys that run these algorithms have no idea or interest in the company they are playing with…..they don't know what the company does, what it may do, who the people behind it are…..all they look at are numbers.

I have noticed a few shares that have options expiring in about three months and see a similar sort of thing.

To be honest i (like others) trade between options and heads to accumulate more efficiently, just looking for moments of imbalance between the strike price and head price.

I would not be at all surprised if there are algo traders out there that have recognised this…..it makes perfect sense, they know that when oppies expire, they will be bang on the money. So they have a finite point from which to calculate back from.

By running simultaneous but linked algos on heads and options should not be particularly difficult for a good programmer….

…if you can follow what is happening you can not only ride the back of this but outthink the algos.

ONE BIG ANN OF COURSE SCREWS THEM ALL!

Which is what will happen.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.