OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

XPE Lounge, page-2833

1. 564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Those that have read any of my posts over the past 18 months would know that I am long on this stock as I believe it has strong fundamentals. Over that time I've heard some very compelling arguments, based on rational and logical thought, as to why the company stands a good chance of being successful.

What I haven't heard are actual reasons as to why so many people visit here stating that the company will fail. I'd love to have balanced perspectives and viewpoints - but unfortunately all we get from the negative camp is "management are doo doo heads, the shareprice is down - some whinging about the C/N, something er other about the departure of Lisa meaning doom and gloom - something about top 20 holder sales (that was all moderated), and T10's codespeak about Mr. Fin meeting up with someone over tea to discuss the next gfc" and that's about it.

But it has dawned on me, that over 18 months, I haven't actually heard a single reason how ANY of this means the company will fail. I'd LOVE to hear a solid, contrary opinion as to why this company will fold before it finds it's feet. Can anyone, please please give me some solid rationale as to why people think we will go under?

I'll start with my thoughts as to our threats:
    -No market uptake - frankly if the market doesn't like what we have, then we won't make any money. I certainly don't think we need to be the IOT 'standard' to be successful (but rather, far from it), but we clearly need to market to take us up. I'm bullish on this, as I believe recent licensing agreements and the number of MOUs coming through seem to mitigate this risk - as clearly there is some market interest.

-We run out of cash before we find revenue. Always a concern for startups - especially ones with long time-to-markets like us. But as we've been able to secure a significant C/N once - we can hopefully secure more funding in the near future should revenues be further away than I'm expecting. Granted - it probably won't be pretty for the ST share price, but it should keep us from going bust...

-Too many competitors. If there is a solution that is easy, cheap, and widely available then we might not have the market uptake we need (see point 1).

Anything else?

To address the things I've "heard":
    -C/N blunder - ok so it was the prettiest way to raise funds in the interest of S/H. But will we go bust as a result? Maybe if we need the money and have since cancelled it.
    -Lisa's departure - Not sure what she did nor why she was vital to our success. We have someone else now from Intel anyways.
    -management are doo doo heads - why? I still don't see why. BC of teh C/N thing? B/C they pay the board a lot? They seem to be doing a fair bit of good work to me...
    -Shareprice is down - well yes, it is, but it also skyrocketed out of control based on hype. And as I've said before, SP doesn't dictate success or failure of a company - unless it means you have no access to funds.
    -top 20 holders and sales - well umm, the share price has been falling so yea makes sense people want out
    -T10 - seriously I have no idea what he means by a lot of that mr. fin business

Can anyone provide a solid rationale as to why they think we will go under?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 39 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 93 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.