OAK 0.00% 6.7¢ oakridge international limited

Great discussions there @MSIMaker, @Inductor, @Londoner re...

1. 833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Great discussions there @MSIMaker, @Inductor, @Londoner re managing a datacentre and the possibilities of using ADRC technology.   Brought back a lot of memories for me.  I have retired for 11 years now.  Started in late 70s in IT writing programs using Tektronix graphic terminals and code to control the thumb wheel cross hairs to use as a mouse.   Outside my official duties, in early 1990s, I was first one to try out Oracle and WWW server and browser in the university I worked for.   Even emailed with Marc Andressen in NCSA, co-founded Hotcopper in 1994, had a BBQ lunch with Sir Tim Berners-Lee in 1998, etc.  I had a great team.  In early 2000s, I remember one of my smart staff was tasked to develop a monitoring and alert system to monitor the uptime of every vital piece of equipment in the datacentre.   He spent only 4 months sitting in a corner and came up with that system using software only.  Another one got poached by a stock exchange to work for its datacentre.  So much fun working in a datacentre.  Now there are just distant memories for me.  I am sure XPED and Vital Xense ADRC technology.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.