OAK 0.00% 6.7¢ oakridge international limited

There may be an IoS update coming within the next month, or two...

1. reu
    1,743 Posts.
    There may be an IoS update coming within the next month, or two (at the most), that this app has been developed for ?

.. On the broader concern raised by some that Apple appears to have disallowed NFC using the app at this time, I've found an interesting paragraph in this article that may provide an explanation:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...hat-is-nfc-and-why-is-it-in-your-phone-948410

"Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus received NFC functionality, albeit with limited use so far, only for Apple Pay. It's a lot like Google Wallet, in that it's an app which gives users the ability to pay for goods and services at participating retailers. Lastly, those who prefer Microsoft's Windows Phone will be able to use Microsoft Payments when it launches likely around the launch of Windows 10."

Q: Is Apple's NFC functionality is limited to Apple Pay?

Q: If so, wouldn't it be silly to expect NFC at this time?

I don't know enough about the tech so if someone could explain whether or not *Apple* limitations might be the reason for no-NFC this would be helpful.

Q: Could it be that Apple has security concerns about NFC being used to onboard IoT devices?

Perhaps Apple is waiting on uniform security standards to be established in the IoT space.

Q: Are there market/commercial reasons for not expanding NFC usage beyond Apple Pay? ie. Should we be expecting NFC and IoT for to be major selling points for iPhone 8?

All personal opinion and readers should do their own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.