OAK 1.43% 7.1¢ oakridge international limited

Xped - Microsoft Summit, page-2

1. 2,920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369
    I am not sure if this was posted so apologies if it was but just a reminder where Xped is now. This is easily found on Google put maybe you havent read the lead up to the invitation in September. Just a remincder.

Ling Chen Senior Project Manager leaves the Asia 2016 Conference in Singapore and makes a comment that he was chatting to Chris Wood discussing the frameworks for evolving a hyper-connected world. Shortly after Xped gets a invitation only request from Microsoft to show them their wares. Well we all know what will happen after the presentation with Microsoft. I believe the writing is on the wall when you look at the facts, there is no hidden agenda here.

last week was a joke and boiler rooms all over the world were having a crack IMO. All the manipulators to what they do best, get rich! Dont sell at these prices and I certainly wont be for at least another six months well into next year anyway if at all. May sell a bit if it looks to drop under say 60 cents and keep the rest there. Buy another penny stock that I have my eyes on. The trick is everyone not to get tricked! Christmas is coming and Santa will be very generous!

Post-IoT Asia 2016 Q&A: Ling Chen, Senior Project Manager at Microsoft (China)

SHARETwitter Facebook Google+
    Ling Chen, senior project manager at Microsoft (China) and AllSeen Alliance member, represented the AllJoyn® project with a speaking engagement at the recent IoT Asia 2016 conference in Singapore.
    Chen works at the Open Technology Center at Microsoft where his responsibilities include promoting open source IoT technologies, open data interface standard of OData in Chinese standardization and application, as well as the construction and implementation of open government data platforms and applications. He joined Microsoft in May 2012 and is currently a member of the Chinese Communications Standards Association (CCSA) and the National Committee for Standardization (NITS) in cloud computing, Web/HTML5 and big data standards.
    Tell us about the IoT Asia 2016. What were your key takeaways from the show?
    The keynotes and panel discussions were received with strong support by the Singapore government and the “Smart Nation” Gov initiative. I also observed both a strong interest and concern from the Singapore government regarding the IoT industry. IoT industry leads like Advantech, Microsoft, ST, MTK, Oracle and Intel demonstrated their IoT solutions, with Smart Home getting the most attention and support.
    What was your participation at IoT Asia?
    I participated in a fireside panel discussion on March 30 titled, "Getting to Deployment - Overcoming the Grand Challenges,” hosted by panel moderator Bob Gill, general manager of ARC Advisory Group in Singapore, and joined by Chris Wood, CTO and Founder of Xped, Jorey Guzman, director of product management factory Automation, and Casey Taninguchi, general manager of the Corporate Strategy Division for Yokogawa Electric Corporation. We discussed the frameworks for evolving in a hyper-connected world.
    The session was well-attended with an estimated 500 people who were following three IoT Asia tracks, including Smart Cities, Industrial IoT and Design Applications. The audience were mostly from the business side, and seeking to understand the big picture value potential to be derived from IoT and how to deploy IoT solutions, like AllJoyn, to gain competitive advantage.
    What key point did you make in the panel?
    In the discussion about the biggest challenges the IoT faces, I discussed ROI with the group and how to determine whether an IoT application will bring real business value to the industry. Interoperability is critical for ensuring the success of the IoT industry, and it’s exciting to see AllJoyn bringing that seamless interoperability to the smart home industry.
    There are plenty of successful use cases across the various IoT verticals that are driving the IoT market forward. I illustrated the following:

1. Wearable devices: In China, tens of millions of smart bracelets are sold every year.
    2. Government smart city initiatives: Sensor technology mitigates air pollution and noise.
    3. Low-Power Wide-Area Network: LPWANs enabling wide-range of M2M and IoT applications at a lower cost and longer range.
    I enjoyed my two days representing AllSeen Alliance at IoT Asia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.917M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 7.1¢ $25 348

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29911 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.