NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

I take this to mean NKWE:AlloysXstrata Alloys benefits from low...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    I take this to mean NKWE:

Alloys
    Xstrata Alloys benefits from low capital cost, brownfield expansion options in its chrome and platinum
    operations. The Lion project, which uses proprietary Premus technology to reduce energy consumption and
    operating costs compared to conventional smelting technology, was designed to support two further phases of
    expansion to a total capacity of one million tonnes per annum. Phase two would increase capacity by 360,000
    tonnes but is dependent on appropriate market conditions for ferrochrome and greater certainty on electricity
    supply and pricing in South Africa, where lack of generation capacity remains a concern for industry and
    households alike.
    Platinum production from Eland is expected to double to
    300,000 ounces of platinum in 2014 through its
    expansion into a major underground mine with the sinking of the Western Decline commencing this year. In
    addition, Xstrata Alloys continues to assess its medium to long term PGM growth options through the
    development of its exploration portfolio with emerging junior BEE companies.

Platinum Group Metals
    The sinking of the Western Decline System, the Kukama Shaft, at the Eland mine commenced during the third
    quarter of 2009. The shaft system is currently 180 metres below the high-wall position. Most major contracts
    pertaining to the Western Decline System have been finalised and the remainder are in the final tender phase.
    This project will be followed by the development of the Eastern Decline System, the Nyala Shaft, and the
    doubling of current concentrator capacity. This expansion project is scheduled to commence approximately 18
    months after the start of the Western Decline System, depending on market conditions.
    Production from underground operations will replace opencast tonnage, maintaining milling throughput and,
    with the commencement of the Eastern Decline System, the mine will gradually increase production from the
    fourth quarter of 2011. Production from underground operations will reach 250,000 tonnes per month by 2012
    and a steady state of 500,000 tonnes per month during 2014, doubling current PGM production to 300,000
    platinum ounces per annum. Eland will have an estimated mine life of approximately 21 years (excluding the
    Madibeng reserves).
    Xstrata Alloys continues to assess its medium to long term PGM growth options through the development of its
    exploration portfolio with emerging black economic empowerment junior companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.