AOH 0.00% 12.0¢ altona mining limited

xstrata, page-6

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1181
    tileburn, Xstrata are drilling at Scanlan and Blackard deposits at Roseby.

From the Sept quarterly

"The Roseby copper project is 100% owned by Altona. Under an agreement dated 11
    March 2005, Xstrata may earn 51% of an area beneath and around the large copper
    resources at Roseby by expending $15 million or spending $10 million and completing
    a Detailed Feasibility Study by 30 June 2012.
    Xstrata have advised their expenditure to 30 September 2010 is $6.0 million. Should
    Xstrata earn a 51% interest in this exploration area then it is compelled to purchase
    51% of the balance of the Roseby project (copper resources, reserves and exploration
    tenure) for an agreed or expert valuer determined fair market value. Xstrata also have
    an option until 30 June 2012 to purchase 51% of the project outside the exploration
    area for an agreed, or expert-determined, fair market value."

This isn't a junior hopeful, they have 1 MILLION+ tonnes of copper. Do you call CDU a junior? Well AOH have more copper and at better grade over all.

I'd say todays copper price and the demand for it are big reasons for Xstrata or anyone else to want to get there hands on Roseby.

I'm not sure of what juniors your talking about but I have explained how AOH has more copper than companies valued 4 times more. We're waiting for more drill results to prove up even more copper.

Go and have a look at CDU and RXM threads, they're all saying those companies will be worth more, so what's in store for AOH then?

The breakout in share price to over 2 year highs has changed sentiment and it's happened on large volume.

This is heading north.

"secondly, why would xstrata buy AOH before they have to (which is not for another 2 years) ?"

loulouhaha spelled it out for you. It would be cheaper to take them over sooner rather than later.

It doesn't matter if there are juniors nearer the Xstrata plant, in the words of the MD "This is the biggest copper deposit held outside the majors"

Now I'd like to see a market cap that backs up the resource. There isn't much traffic on this thread, just wait till more discover AOH and then you'll really see things fly.

A broker report or good drilling results will alert many more

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.