NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

xstrata's take on jv/mining rights , page-23

1. 292 Posts.
    Pete, Have you ever had a partner cheat on you? I have, and I can tell you it's one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I was a bit of a dog as a young fella so I suppose I had it coming. The experience teaches you alot, however.

At first you don't know what's going on but funny things start to happen. She shows up at home late ... whatever. She gives you a plausible but somewhat unlikely excuse but soon it blows over. Only, these funny things keep happening and you start to wonder.

One day she pushes things too far and you get angry. You ask some hard questions. She looks you square in the eyes and tells you every-thing's alright. And one some level you believe her. After all you care for her, you should trust her. But there's a part of you that knows you're making a mistake. If you're honest with yourself you should realise that you make yourself believe for selfish reasons. Afterall she's beautiful and you have fun together etc. You can live like that for quite some time.

But one day the penny will drop. And when it drops, it can't be un-dropped. Something changes inside you. Something moves from your subconscious mind to your consciousness. Trust is lost. First you get angry at her, then at yourself and finally you just end up unable to trust again... for quite a long time anyway. And that's why cheating is wrong. It spoils you for future relationships... and makes you a little stronger too.

The penny dropped for me on Tuesday morning when the announcement came out only minutes before the market opened. "But they had a long week-end to do work on this. There's really nothing new in here. I could have typed this up in 10 minutes. I'm being treated like a fool."

And that was it. I reralised I had been treated like a fool all along and had made excused for NKP. It wasn't noble. I was just greedy. And know I can't believe a word they put out, despite a dark and shameful part of myself who still wants to believe and get rich.

I sincerely hope the penny just dropped for you. Truth of the matter is there'll be another one along in 10 minutes, although I can understand it you don't feel that way right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.