dub - no, snooks! i don't understand. So, I don't know if you...

1. 5,748 Posts.
    dub - no, snooks! i don't understand. So, I don't know if you can help me, but I needed to ask - I think for my own sake really. Why the hatred?
    ***********************************************************************************************

I don't know the answer to your question although I have many suspicions.

Strangely, there are those who dislike/hate the Jews.....who have never met a Jew in theirlives and most likely never will.

Most of these have steriotyped-tunnel vision of what they believe Jews are or represent.....others have this inate inbred hatred that defies any form of logic.

Yes, they will dredge up reasons, but those reasons are superficial and in the vast overwhelming majority.....it's what they have picked up from their parents who were/are just as ignorant as the kids.

There seems to be throughout history....an obsession with the Jews.

We were different. We believed we were the chosen people and I guess that's what pissed people off.

However for some other mystical reason....despite all the odds and obstacles placed in our paths......despite the inquisitions........despite the church festering the Jew hatred and labelling us as the Christ killer..........we survived and remarkably have succeeded totally out of proportion to our numbers......in whatever country we resided in.

Our successes were not and are not limited to the art of making money.....but just about in every field within the arts....sciences.....except sport.....not too many recognitions in that area.

So my guess is.....that our succeses work against us.......I imagine there would be a jeolousy factor.......but of late I have been trying to develop a theory that there might be a genetic disposition which forces or encourages this almost instinctive behaviour which is not rational.

At first glane, that theory would most likely appear to be the most dumb-arsed comment I have ever made.....but let me explain where I am coming from.

Before I do, I want you to know.....that I understand why in the main it would be regarded as an outlandish and weird theory........especially if not more so, by people who have no belief in a god....particularly a Jewish god. I do not have a problem with those who simply cannot accept my theory fullstop.

Ok......here we go....

The forum knows that I am an orthodox Jew and the forum is fully aware that I consider every word in our Torah as being divinely inspired......dictated by god and transcribed faithfully.....word for word....by Moses his servant.

There is not one superfluous word in the Torah and every word is concise.......even though we might not understand, other than at face value........what the words are really trying to tell us.

Based on that premise........that every word in our Torah is immutable and correct....as is every letter in the Torah.......I go to the passage where it says in Hebrew.......Esav soneh et Yakov....in English.....Esau hates Jacob.

The background to why Esau hates Jacob is irrelevant although those who want to know can read the events leading up to that comment......but for the purposes of this post......that's what's written.

Esau is a metaphorical expression for nations of the world......non-Jews........and Jacob is a direct reference to Israel.......as if one will read in the Torah.......Jacob's name is changed subsequently to Israel.

Furthermore the Torah spells out quite distinctly that if the Jews do not follow down the path of god as stipulated in the Torah......the Torah tells us what will happen.........and that is what has happened to us and is happening.

We will be despised......not regarded on an equal footing with other nations......and so on.

So when the Torak makes an unequivacol statement in Genesis....that Esau hates Jacob......that to me means that Esau (representing the nations of the world) have this genelike disposition to hate Jews. They cannot help it....they are genetically programmed to hate us.

Of couse it begs the question.....but there have been righteous gentiles and even now there are allies to the Jews. Yes I know that today these allies have their own motives.....and that they are not as pure as driven snow.......but individuals have risked their lives for Jews.....simply because they were good people.....no other motive.

So that would appear at face value to fly in the face of my theory........as to the genetic pre-programming of disdain/dislike....or whatever toward the Jews.

Yet the answer is strangely simple.

Just as a cancer gene or any other gene wich previoulst had been a normal gene.....mutates......and then acts dirsctly in opposition to what a normal cell or gene should have operated.....I believe that the righteous gentile posesses a gene that has literally gone haywire and is not acting as it was preprogrammed.

It has mutated and has become hostile to its body and in the process.....does the exact opposite of what it should have been doing......and the net result.........the person with the mutated gene....likes and helps the Jews.

He doesn't always understand why it is that he does the right thing......but then we don't know what triggers a perfectly normal cell to go cancerous either......

Bottom line.....there is an inherent trait to dislike Jews.......and as a perfect example one only needs to read Shakespeare....who never met a Jew in his life....(Jews were expelled from England much prior to his coming on the scene) yet he portrays us as in a manner, that is totally anti-semitic and by todays standards.......had someone written the way he did.......today........that person would have had some bad days in a court of law....somewhere.

But as the Bard.....he gets away with it....and because his plays are taught in Schools...indirectly the stereotyping of Jews goes on and infects another generation.

He is but one example.

I fully appreciate that my theory is .......a little on the wild side......but I am left with litte choice other than to think that the pre-programming on anti Jew feelings is most probably on par with the pre-programming of why birds need to migrate at cetain times or why a salmon must come back to where it was spawned.

Why this is all happening? I don't know what gods logic is and if I did, I guess I would be his right hand man on this planet.

I can only follow what I believe.....and that is the Torah forewarned us......and god has kept his promise to make life difficult for us....because we have strayed from his path.

But he keeps all of his promises.....and the Torah is quite explicit what they are.

At the end...it will all work out.........when is the end? Can't tell you.......but a god who keeps only some of his promises and not others.....is not much of a god.

And the fact that we are still here today.......still performing totally out of proportion to our numbers.....means that he will be keeping us around......and that we are "un-ridderable" (never heard of such a word but the meaning is clear)......

And at the right time....the time of his choosing....there will be another redemption.......just as the one that occured when he took us out of Egypt.......except the next one will be permanent.....and those of you who have been fortunate enough to have had mutated genes........that have made you friends of Israel and Jews.......you'll all come on board for a free ride.......and you'll be most welcome.

Now go ahead and laugh at me.

(I'm sure others will come up with clever reasons as to why Jews are hated.......despite being model citizens in which ever country they live in........as has always been the case.......in other words...we bring this hatred upon ourselves.......and always have???)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.