Yassmin at it again, page-23

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I know The Australian has declared a fatwah on Yassmin and there will be regular attacks on every aspect of her life, and we're supposed to be a howling mob baying for her blood. But I think she's got a point:

“Everyone around the table came from a similar world and a similar perspective. They all thought the same. They all cared about the same things. And so we ended with one of the worst tragedies in our industry.
    “And I often wonder, if there was someone around that table who was different, who thought differently but was valued as equally as everybody else, who could challenge that groupthink and challenge that confirmation bias, would things have ended differently?”

I've seen this numerous times. Have been in companies with guys from the same background, where alpha blokes tend to make bad decisions, and no one speaks up when they know the excrement is about to hit the air circulation device. Groupthink kills companies.

Isn't just a white thing, BTW. For example, the Japanese tend to suck at rapid response in emergencies because they are all trying to defer to the older male in charge and nothing gets done.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.